Powered By google

Friday, March 12, 2010

More on Destination Weddings . . . resources

I've had a chance to go through the books available on planning a destination wedding that I spoke about in the last post and I don't really feel that I can recommend one at this time.

If your destination wedding is a beach wedding, I recommend going back and checking out the posts on beach weddings and also looking at The Ultimate Beach Wedding Planning Guide and Workbook.  This book seems to have a lot of the destination questions covered.


I make this recommendation on top of recommending a wedding planner from wherever it is that you are hoping to tie your knot.  For a wedding out of the country, it is essential to have a planner as I explained in the previous post.

Whenever I recommend a book in addition to a planner it is because it is important for you to know the process and steps that must be taken to make sure you have your perfect day and this blog will not be able to cover all of the steps because of the time and space constraints.  My intention here is simply to offer you preliminary information and make you aware of what your initial planning steps should be.

Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me or leave a comment and I will do my best to answer them for you.

1 comment:

  1. We host destination weddings here at our Hacienda in the mountain outside Santa Fe, New Mexico.
    You are giving very good advice in this series on Destination weddings.
    We see many couples that have been previewing venues and they have almost no idea what they are really going to get in terms of support and services. They are looking, not thinking and they are trying to go by their "gut reaction".
    Have fun and keep the glow going but use your head. Ask, look and get everything in writing!
    That way you get to have a wonderful and drama-free wedding!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your questions and any feedback, so please sign in below.